The Millbrook Garden Company Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Millbrook Garden Company Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st August 2017.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
How we collect
- Contact information including email address, postal address and phone number, date of birth, gender
- Demographic information such as postcode, buying preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Payment card details if purchasing products or event tickets online
- Information contained in your CV application form or covering letter, such as employment history, salary levels, education, or other information you provide for our consideration if applying for a job at Millbrook
- If you are applying for a job at Millbrook, we will request names and contact details of referees – it is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain consent before providing this information
- Images using CCTV throughout our centres
We may collect information in a number of ways including;
What we do with the information we gather
- Joining the Millbrook family – if you chose to join The Millbrook family, you will complete a registration form requesting personal detail including, name, address, email address, date of birth, gender and shopping preferences
- Amending your preferences – once you have joined the Millbrook family, you may choose to amend your personal details of preferences using our online form http://www.millbrookgc.co.uk/millbrook-family/amend-details
- Ordering products - if you order products from us you will give us personal information necessary to process, confirm and complete your order. This will include your delivery address and your payment card details
- Purchasing event tickets – if you purchase event tickets from us we will require personal details including your name, email address and card payment details. If you purchase Grotto tickets we will also ask the name, gender, and age of your children
- Contacting us – if you contact us with an enquiry or order we will hold your details in order to respond and/or process your order as above
- Social Media – if you participate in discussions on social media or our website you may give us information such as your name and address, email address and phone number
- Competitions, Promotions and Surveys – if you enter any competitions or promotions we run, or complete a survey either online or on paper, you will provide personal information to us
- Customer Delivery – if you request delivery of a product bought from us, we will require your name, delivery address and phone number
- Applying for a job - Providing your job application data is voluntary, however, if you choose not to provide all of the information requested, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To fulfil orders
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To contact you by telephone
- To send promotional emails, postal mailings about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting
- To profile our customers and look for trends
- For market research purposes
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- We may use CCTV footage to identify individuals or vehicles for security purposes
When we collect information in the above ways, we will only keep that information for a relevant amount of time associated with its purpose.
- Millbrook family information is held indefinitely or until you request it to be removed which you are welcome to do at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us on 01892 663822
- Emails relating to orders made online are kept for 6 months and then deleted
- Delivery or orders made in store are destroyed as soon as the delivery is complete or the order collected
- Enquiries made via post or email are kept for 6 months to allow for any further correspondence and queries, after this time the are destroyed or deleted
- Complaints – we keep for 1 month or until a successful resolution has been reached
- We never keep any payment card details
- If you have applied for a job with us, during the recruitment process only selected employees of The Millbrook Garden Company Limited will have access to your Job Application data. These are your potential future line manager, the note taker during any interview you may attend and employees in the HR Department. The job application data you provide will be used to assess your application for employment with us, to verify your information, to conduct reference checks and to communicate with you. Should you be unsuccessful in your application we will seek your permission to retain your information in order to inform you of further career opportunities we may have. If you give this permission your information will be retained securely for six months.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access
to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to, or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Millbrook Garden Company, Tubwell Lane, Crowborough, East Sussex TN6 3RJ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.