Growing for Health Talk Gravesend
Growing for Health Talk with Liz Hutson - Monday 2nd March, 10.00am - 12.30pm
Learn how plants and gardening can help your physical and mental wellbeing, while helping wildlife and the environment.
Qualified nutritionist and horticulturist Liz Hutson has been researching the link between health, longevity and gardening for many years. Liz will discuss the many ways plants and gardening can help our health, plus highlight practical ways you can do this.
The talk will include:
- Why plants and gardening are a key part of the lifestyle of some of the longest living people on the planet.
- Benefits to mental and physical health – including many you may not be aware of.
- What plants have the highest nutritional content and how to maximise this when buying or growing.
- Why good soil health is so critical and advice on how to nurture it.
- Practical tips if you are short on time, space, money or expertise.
- Using plants to benefit wildlife and help mitigate climate change.
- How plants improve indoor air quality and why this is so vital.
- How to get these benefits EVEN if you don’t have a garden.
There will also be a free, comprehensive e-book that you can access after the event, with a wealth of useful, practical information and further references.
Tickets cost £7.50 per person with £5 from every ticket sold going to Greenfingers Charity, who create magical gardens for children in hospice care. There will be a 20 minute break in the middle and refreshments will be provided.
Places are limited and booking is essential.
- Monday 2nd March 2020