Millbrook Growers: A Guide to Compost - Gravesend
Millbrook Growers Talk: A Guide to Composting
Thursday 4th November 2021 – 10.30am
Grow your gardening knowledge at our Millbrook Growers monthly gardening talks!
Horticulturist and RHS lecturer, Caroline Halfpenny, is back this November with gardening talk on how to compost at home!
The issue of peat use in our gardens and to grow plants has moved into the public domain, with the Government now consulting on a ban on the sale of peat products from 2024. This is not unexpected and is understandable as we move to reduce our carbon emissions and become more sustainable as a country.
Alternatives need to be found quickly and the production of them ramped up to replace the peat that is currently used by gardeners and growers. What it means for gardeners is that we need to think about how we use compost in our own gardens and how we can reduce our reliance on this material.
So if you aren’t already doing it, now is a great time to start home composting! You’ll discover at Caroline’s talk that composting is actually pretty easy. Caroline will offer easy tips you can follow to get you started while creating a beautiful garden.
Tickets cost £7.50 per person and include refreshments. Places are limited. Booking is essential.
- If you or your household members have any of the symptoms of Covid-19, please do not come to the event.
- Please arrive in plenty of time to park and walk to the event.
- No entry will be allowed to the event without a valid order confirmation email (print out, electronic copy) or a valid Ticket Reference Number.
- In the event you are unable to attend your session we are unfortunately unable to offer refunds, however, we will try to accommodate you with an alternative session (subject to availability).
- Thursday 4th November 2021