How to: Plant a hanging basket
You can plant your Summer hanging basket any time from April onwards but beware of frosts!
You will need the following:
- A lined hanging basket
- A moisture control compost
- Assorted Summer bedding plants
- A bracket to hang your basket from
- Thriller – the centre piece of your basket! We like a bold Geranium for colour and structure
- Filler – to compliment your ‘thriller’. We like a colourful and scented Nemesia
- Spiller – to trail down the sides of your basket. We like a trailing Petunia
How to plant your basket…
- Choose your basket, if you’re re-using a basket make sure you have a new liner
- Fill your basket with a moisture control compost – due to its exposed, elevated position, hanging baskets are prone to drying out so this will help keep it as moist as possible
- Make holes in the compost and pop your plants in
- Fill in any gaps around he plants with compost and give your basket a good water
Once in place, water regularly and feed with a Miracle Gro Performance Organics All Purpose Plant Food every week or so.