The plants are beginning to grow, so it’s time to get outside and prepare the garden for Spring.
- Use lawn seed or patch repair to re-seed bare patches. Mix the seed with a good quality compost to prevent it from blowing away and ensure a good germination rate.
- Sow sweet pea seeds under cover – we have many varieties to choose from. If you don’t have a greenhouse, use a window sill.
- Plant Summer-flowering bulbs. Dahlias will give a spectacular display in late Summer.
- Prune shrubs with colourful Winter stems, like Dogwoods (Cornus), to keep them looking good.
- Plant out your potatoes in 6-8 inch deep trenches, 12-15 inches apart with the eyes pointing up.